Iraq Embassy Legalization of Legal Documents
Business Legal Documents Legalization for Iraq
Business Legal Documents must be notarized in the state from which the document originated, and then certified from the same secretary of state.
The Arab American Chamber of Commerce will authenticate the documents from the US Department of State, and legalize them from the Iraqi Embassy.
Commercial Documents Legalization for Iraq
A Certificate of Origin is required for commercial exports to Iraq, but a Commercial Invoice is optional. Certificates must be signed, notarized, and then certified from the secretary of state as the notary. AACC will authenticate the documents from the US Department of State and legalize them from the Embassy of Iraq.
Any commercial Invoice or Certificate of Origin destined for use in Iraq requires special preparations before it can be legalized by the Iraqi Embassy in Washington, which are:
- The Certificate must include the manufacturer (exporter) contact information in the United States such as name, address, telephone and fax number.
- Likewise, it must include the importer contact information in Iraq such as name, address, telephone and fax number.
- If the certificate is consisting of multiple pages, it must be numerated. For example: (page 1 of 3, page 2 of 3, page 3 of 3). Otherwise, the embassy will consider every page as single certificate and charge you $160.00 per page.
- The exported product must be manufactured in the United States.
- In case of exporting food or drugs, you must include a certified Health Certificate. Additionally, If the importer is:
A Private Agency: the exporter must include all the following certificates
- A copy of the Bill of Lading.
- A copy of the Inspection Certificate.
- A copy of the Insurance Certificate.
An Iraqi governmental Agency : the exporter must include only one of the previously mentioned certificate 1, 2, or 3.
Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX)
The fee to certify a copy of your passport, a copy of your ID, and three notarized signatures is $133.00 Please include a prepaid return envelop with a tracking number like FedEx, UPS, or USPS. If you include your email address you will receive an email confirming that we received your document, and another email to let you that we are going to ship your envelope back to you after we have finished the certification.
If you need further assistance you can contact the Arab American Chamber of Commerce, Certification Department at:
Toll Free: 1-888-939-ARAB or (202) 347-5800 for instant assistance